Get set up - STEP BY STEP
- Register as a University participant by filling in the SRT Virtual Fair Participation Form (full name and email address of the participants who will represent your institution at the fair).
- Once you are registered, you will receive a Magic Link Invite from email@example.com. When the Magic Link invite is accepted and verified through the verification email, your Invitation Status will be updated to Registered. (All Magic Links are individual.)
- Once you have your profile completed, you will receive an invitation link from firstname.lastname@example.org for Vendor Management Permission. By accepting the invitation, you will have full access to your Booth – edit, add information and manage during the event. Note, that if you have submitted your promo materials through the SRT Virtual Fair – Virtual Booths Form, your university booth will be built by the SRT Team. Please do not delete the existing materials, links and tags from your booth. If you delete something permanently, we will be unable to replace it.
- If all steps from above are completed, you have successfully registered as a booth vendor for SRT Virtual Fairs on Hopin.
- Now that you are registered, you have access to the event’s Reception.
- Please make sure to be Logged in at least 30 minutes before the event starts.
Feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com in case you have questions or need assistance.
Frequently asked questions
There are 4 stages of university registration. Please follow the e-mail invites that you will receive from Hopin.
- Magic Link Invitation: After you confirm to an SRT Member that you are the exhibitor, we will need your full name and email to send you a magic link for the exhibitor registration. If you haven’t received a link to enter the event as a vendor, please look for an email from firstname.lastname@example.org in your spam folder, or let us know so we can assist you. If you are not the person attending this event please let us know who is the rep assigned so we can update our mailing list.
- Verify your registration.
- Vendor Link Invitation: Once you have accessed the platform you’ll need to complete your Hopin account registration.
- Confirm email for vendor management: You will receive new email for the vendor management permissions and you need to click on the link in the email.
No. We highly recommend to use laptop/PC. You should enter the platform with Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox browsers. Keep in mind that the browser has to be updated with the latest version.
- When it’s time for your presentation, head to the backstage with the link provided to you by SRT Fairs.
- Click Ask to Share Audio and Video at the center of the Backstage screen.
- You’ll need to give browser permissions to use your camera and mic.
- SRT’s team will receive your request to participate and once approved, you will appear on the Backstage screen with video and audio on.
- Please do not share the Backstage link with external visitors. Only presenters should enter the Backstage.
- Note! There’s a small delay between stages: the main stage will be 10-15 seconds behind the backstage.
- The Stage is what attendees see, the Backstage is how speakers present.
- The live indicator on the top left corner of the screen will tell you that your Backstage is Live and the attendees are now watching you on the Stage.
- Up to five Speakers are allowed on the screen at the Backstage.
- Only one person can share his screen per time. With one person using the screen share option, the screen share icon will be greyed out for the other presenters/speakers.
TIPS TO ATTEND THE EVENT
- When the event is live, you can start exploring. The active tabs are marked with a red button.
- You may take part in public and individual chats, or polls.
- To connect with people individually, just click the People tab and choose the person you’d like to meet. All meetings can be found at My Agenda tab. You can invite them to a video call, schedule a meeting or send them a message.
- You have moderator and speaker permissions once you complete your registration. When you are at your booth and you are presenting you can invite attendees with camera and mic on. To invite use the Moderation panel. It is located at the left bottom of the booth. Click on the person you want to invite. The attendee will appear on screen only if he/she has accepted your invitation.
- If you want to edit your booth, please don’t delete the Website field, because it is the download link for the button of your brochure.
- Moderators can toggle (switch) the Fallback provider ON or OFF any time. Toggling the Fallback provider ON switches the stream from a live video session to a prerecorded video.
- When your time to present on the Stage is approaching, you need to click on the link for the backstages. The link for the backstages are provided by SRT’s team and Backstage 1 and Backstage 2 are the control panels for the sessions on Stage 1 and Stage 2. You can test your mic and camera, share your presentation and then the moderator of the stage will click on the Broadcast button allowing the viewers to watch at the current stage.
- In case you have a technical difficulty or a specific tab of the event is not working, refresh your browser. You refresh your browser and delete your cache by pressing CTRL + F5.
- If you have any questions, feel free to contact us. You can find us in SRT Help Desk. Enjoy your SRT Virtual Fairs and see you there!