1. What is your home country? Are you currently living there or did you relocate?
My home country is Bulgaria. Yes, I’m currently living there.
2. Did you study in your country or did you choose another one?
I studied my Bachelor’s and two Master’s degrees in Bulgaria, but I had the opportunity to be part of an international education program at Jagiellonian University in Krakow and Czech University of Life Sciences in Prague.
I’m currently a second year PhD student in my hometown.
3. What were your priorities when choosing the university?
Important factors that I considered when choosing a university was academic quality, educational culture and community.
4. If you could go back in time, would you have preferred other studies? Which?
No, I’m quite satisfied with what I chose.
5. Was it easy for you to adapt to a different country?
Moving to a new country was getting me out of my comfort zone and took time and patience, but with a positive attitude and willingness to learn, it was an exciting and rewarding experience.
6. Did you speak the language? Did you experience any issue with that?
Slavic languages are similar to each other. However, I enrolled in a foreign language course.
7. How helpful has been your international experience when finding a job?
It was very helpful. I believe that employers often value candidates who have worked or studied abroad, as they tend to have a wider perspective, cross-cultural skills, and adaptability.
8. What advice would you give to future international students?
Before they apply for any university, to research the university’s faculty and programs as well as to contact professors and fellow students in their chosen education field.
9. What is your favorite book?
The Atlas of Happiness by Helen Russell. The book includes the global secrets of how to be happy – around the world trip through 33 international happiness concepts.
10. What is your favorite music genre?
Jazz, Latin and New-age music
11. Who inspires you?
Successful people with a growth mindset.
12. What are your hobbies?
Traveling, yoga and meditation
13. What is the most exciting place you have visited?
The Öresund bridge between Denmark and Sweden.